Home Inspection Process
Comprehensive Home Inspection Services
At Bender Inspection Services, we understand that a home is a big investment and that both sellers and buyers have a lot at stake. We believe it’s important to keep this in mind throughout the home inspection process. Our inspector examines each home thoroughly and takes the time to do it right. We give you the same commitment to professionalism and service that’s earned the trust of clients throughout Connecticut.
Our Comprehensive Process
Bender’s home inspection process isn’t a checklist review. During our home inspection process, we examine each house from roof to basement. Our inspector takes photographs and notes to document the details. We evaluate all home systems and address all areas of concern, inside and out.
- Structural – Defects, large cracks, or large gaps in basements, crawl spaces, and walls
- Electrical – Light switches, meter box, electricity source (street or underground), electrical box interior
- Plumbing – Run water, check pipes, identify system materials and life expectancy, show client main water shut-off
- Hot Water – Check water heater or boiler condition, water levels, mechanical and water temperature safety, check for corrosion
- Heating & AC – Quality and life expectancy, functionality, current life cycle, air handler in the attic
- Windows – Operation
- Walls and Floors – Deflection, bowing, water staining
- Attic – Insulation, framing
- Kitchen and appliances – Proper functioning
- Roof – Gutter, chimney, drainage, and grading of yard
It takes time to complete our thorough home inspection process so we set aside 2 to 3 hours
A Learning Experience
When we finish our home inspection process, you will have learned enough about the house to decide your next step. If you have additional questions or concerns, we welcome your follow-up phone calls and we provide a report that covers everything.
Typically, within 24 hours, our inspector will complete a comprehensive 30-page report that reviews your entire home inspection process.